Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Racing Plans for the Year Ahead

2011 is here and I needed to look at what racing I wanted to do this year and to start thinking about what training will need to be done for the year ahead.

The first thing I have decided is to diversify!

What does this mean you ask?

Well for the last few years I have heard all this talk of how great road racing is, well I am about to find out. I have made a decision ride criteriums and race in the open road races local to where I live.

So the Road Calender looks like this:

Sizzling Summer Series - Round 1
27 Feb 2011 – Crestmead
Sizzling Summer Series - Round 3
13 Mar 2011 Crestmead
ANZAC 25
25 Apr 2011 - Lakeside
Battle on the Border
29 Apr 2011 - 2 May 2011
Ipswich Open
7 May 2011 - 8 May 2011 - Rosewood & Mt Marrow
Metropolitan Championships
28 May 2011 - 29 May 2011 - Murarrie and Mt Alford
Avanti Classic
26 Jun 2011 - Lowood
Tour of the Scenic Rim
23 Jul 2011 - 24 Jul 2011- Boonah

I am looking forward to the new challenge of racing my beloved ‘FREZONI’ in anger for the
first time.



Don’t worry I am still planning on racing MTB!

In the last few years the races I have entered have generally been 12 or 24 races, this year I am planning on racing some shorter races planned for the local area including a 4 hour event in March.

With plans for some longer racing in the next few years, I need to extend the type of events I am entering so a few loose plans are in place to travel to South Australia for the Mawson Marathon in June and the Tour de Timor in September. Travelling to Timor-Leste will give Miriam (the wife) and me a chance to holiday post race in Atauro, which is located north of Timor-Leste.



So the MTB Calender is shaping up to look something like this:

14th to 15th January LunarC - 8 hours (Brisbane)
6th March 4 hour- Old Hidden Vale
10th April 6 hour -Murrenbong
17th April Australian Marathon Championship Mt Joyce
14th and 15th May 24 hour - Old Hidden Vale
June, 2011 Kona Mawson MTB Marathon (Dates still to be released)
367 kilometre event in flinders ranges S.A.
19th June 8 hour - Old Hidden Vale
24 - 25 September - Angry Doctor MTB Enduro
12th to 13th November - Highland fling (Maybe the 100mile)

See you out on the trails soon!

No comments: